So there are several popular theories floating around tumblr right now as to who or what Amon is, so I’ll just go ahead and outline a few of them seeing as I’ve gotten many asks similar to this one.
1) Amon is a human nonbender with mechanical composition: This theory basically states that Amon may have been so damaged by the firebender that killed his family that he had to add machinery to his body. People seem to like this theory as it still allows Amon to be a chi blocking human who can resist bloodbending thanks to a lower blood count / mechanical boosting. It also works because Amon was slightly effected by Tarrlok’s bending, but was able to resist it and overcome it.
2) Amon is possessed by a spirit / is a spirit: This is another interesting theory that tries to explain both his ability to resist bloodbending and his ability to take away bending. Many people thought his response to Tarrlok’s question, “Who are you?” was an indicator of spiritual / greater power since he replied simply with, “I am the solution.” Because he has a spirit within him or is a spirit in human form, he’s able to resist the bloodbending.
3) Amon is a waterbender with bloodbending abilities: This theory attempts to state that Amon is a bender and is actually able to waterbend to overcome Tarrlok’s bending. This theory has gained a lot of traction because we know powerful waterbenders are capable of doing this. Katara was able to resist Hama’s bloodbending in The Puppet Master and thus gives support to this thoery. Furthermore, people like this theory as it supports the notion that he is able to lock away a person’s chi more easily using bloodbending / chi blocking as a waterbender and thus removing their bending.
4) Amon has great control over his chi pathways and is able to overcome bloodbending: This is a theory that basically just allows Amon to be a nonbender with great control of his chi. With the ability to control his chi pathways to allow him to resist the bloodbending and attack Tarrlok, this theory seeks to justify Amon being a nonbending chi blocker.
5) Amon is able to resist Tarrlok’s/Yakone’s unique ability to bloodbend whenever: This theory stipulates that Tarrlok’s bloodbending utilizes a unique method that Amon is able to resist for whatever reason. Because we do not yet know how Tarrlok is able to bloodbend any time, this theory attempts to justify Amon’s seemingly inconceivable feat.
6) Amon simply has a low amount of bendable blood / water in his body: I don’t really like this theory, but many think that because he was able to resist the bloodbending, Amon doesn’t have a large amount of water in his body.
There are other theories out there right now, but these are the few that made most sense to me. However, I don’t subscribe to any of these theories and I really have no idea what Amon is. At this point, there is so little that we know and he could just be anything, really.
How when Amon was getting ready for the big event
And his followers were loading their trucks
They looked to be in a factory
Kind of looking like the Future Industries Factory?
Just a thought that’s bugging me
I thought the same thing! At first I thought they were actually at Future Industries, and then the next shot didn’t look exactly like the production line.
This (along with everything else in this episode) definitely merits a re-watch.
just an idea that wouldn’t leave me alone.